Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Psalm 42.5-8 Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me?

Psalm 42.5-8

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise Him, my salvation and my God. My soul is cast down within me; therefore I remember You from the land of Jordan and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar. Deep calls to deep at the roar of Your waterfalls; all Your breakers and Your waves have gone over me. By day the LORD commands His steadfast love, and at night His song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.


When will I learn, Lord, that You are with me in times of trouble and discouragement? When will I learn to praise You in all things and in all circumstances?

You do not fail, Your promises are sure, Your Truth ever speaks reality, Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. I cannot fail unless I take my eyes off You and forget the power of Your name.

No comments: