Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Psalm 59:4b-10 Awake, come to meet me, and see! You, LORD God of hosts, are God of Israel. Rouse yourself to punish all the nations;

Psalm 59:4b-10
Awake, come to meet me, and see! You, LORD God of hosts, are God of Israel. Rouse yourself to punish all the nations; spare none of those who treacherously plot evil. Selah

Each evening they come back, howling like dogs and prowling about the city. There they are, bellowing with their mouths with swords in their lips-- for "Who," they think, "will hear us?" But you, O LORD, laugh at them; you hold all the nations in derision. O my Strength, I will watch for you, for you, O God, are my fortress. My God in his steadfast love will meet me; God will let me look in triumph on my enemies.


You, my Lord, are a strong wall about me, a hedge of protection against my enemies, both those affections so beloved by the Evil One and those individuals who seek my harm. The Holy Spirit provides the shield and the transforming power to defeat the lures of the old man; He prevents the lies and allegations of my enemies from interfering with my communion with You. I am safe in Your gentle arms.

No comments: